Apollo 21 Series Gigabit Fibre Media Converters can convert Optical-Electric Ethernet signals between 10/100/1000M UTP interface (TX) and 1000M optical fibre interface (FX). The traditional 10/100/1000M gigabit Ethernet can be extended to the distance of 100km through an optical fibre link It possesses stable performance and good quality by adopting latest IC packages. 6 Group LED indicated lights can fully monitor the working conditions the media convertor. It is easy for end-users to observe network operation. Apollo 5 Series Gigabit Converters can be used alone alternatively they can be produced in the form of a Converter Card to be inserted to a 16 slot rack unit. . The Apollo 5 Media Convertor series are suitable for use in a Data Network Centre.
- Auto negotiation function allows UTP ports to auto select 10/100/1000M and Full Duplex or Half Duplex.
- The UTP port supports the connection of MDI/MDI-X auto crossover.
- Multimode Fibre: the max distance up to 2km
- Singlemode Fibre: the max distance up to 100km
- Supporting the max 1536 byte Ethernet packet
- Supporting flow control
- Adopting internal power supply